Mr. Orton joined Bullock Mannelly Partners in 1995. Currently a Managing Director working on real estate investment banking transactions. Mr. Orton has over thirty years of experience in commercial real estate. He has held senior management positions in financial institutions, in both public and private operating companies, and was a founding principal in a successful real estate development company.
Recent Major Transactions:
- The Terraces – Represented a major international financial institution in the sale of a 1 million square feet office property for $190 million ($173 PSF) in the central perimeter.
- 1180 Peachtree – Represented a pension fund in the acquisition and financing of a 670,000 SF, $273 million ($407 PSF) office building in Midtown Atlanta
- 1001 Summit Boulevard – Represented a pension fund in the acquisition and financing of a 577,000 SF, $95 million office building in Central Perimeter, Atlanta
- Negotiated a $500 million Joint venture between a public REIT and a pension fund to acquire office assets nationally.
- Place Properties Military Housing – Arranged $25 million in corporate equity for military multifamily joint venture.
- Milton Park – Sold 315,000 SF, two-building property into a $45 million joint venture for Pope & Land.
- Northwinds – Sold $145 million, 1 million SF office park, shopping center, restaurant and office land for Pope & Land.
- Parkside Terraces East & West – Represented purchaser of $40.1 million, 252,000 SF office portfolio and additional site.
- Parkside Terraces East & West – Represented buyer in the $48.25 million repurchase of the property. Raised JV equity and acquisition debt.
- Park Springs CCRC – Structured construction debt, mezzanine debt and equity for $97 million transaction for Isakson Barnhart.
- Overton Park JV – Raised development equity and construction financing for $68.8 million Hines office property.
- Permanent Financing for 2002 and 3003 Summit Boulevard, $121.5 million for GE Pension Trust and Hines.
- Lakeside Office Park – Represented the buyer in the $62 million acquisition of this redevelopment property. Raised JV equity and debt.
- 1983 – 1990 Vesmark, Ltd. – As founder of this development company, Mr. Orton developed three office properties. He performed all required functions, including feasibility analysis, site selection, financing, selection and supervision of architects and contractors, leasing, property management and sales. Company also provided portfolio workout services to financial institutions.
- 1990 – 1994 Travelers Realty Investment Company – Established, staffed and operated the Southeast Region Asset Management Group. His portfolio included $2 billion in asset value in 82 commercial properties, 8,800,000 square feet of commercial space, 11,000 apartment units, and 1,200 hotel rooms. Results included $36 million in 32 redevelopment and renovation projects, 3.7 million square feet leased (over 1,150 leases), acquisition/assimilation of over 40 properties, and 76 sales closed totaling more than $775 million in book value.
- Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors’ Million Dollar Club member each year for the last 20+ years
- 2006 Phoenix Award – Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors
AB, Cornell University; MBA, Temple University