Founded Bullock Mannelly Partners along with Joe Terrell and Jay Mannelly in 1984. Mr. Bullock is the principal in charge of investment and finance operations for Bullock Mannelly Partners relating to Investment Banking and Development Operations. Alan specializes in the brokerage, acquisition/disposition, and joint venture financing of commercial real estate, including the arrangement of debt and equity for project development. Since 2000, Mr. Bullock has directed more than $7 billion in investment and finance transactions totaling over 10 million square feet. Since incorporating in 1984, Bullock Mannelly Partners as principal has developed and/ or purchased approximately 5 million square feet and over 1,200 acres in the Southeastern U.S. and the Caribbean.
Recent Major Transactions:
- Office – Arranged equity and joint venture with a major U.S. pension fund for the acquisition and restructure of Regent Partners for a portfolio of real estate assets exceeding $300 million, with assets ranging from hotels, office, residential and land.
- Retail – Arranged the debt and equity financing for the development stage of the Buckhead Station, a high density, 230,000 square foot retail development on the Buckhead Loop in Atlanta, Georgia. He subsequently sold Buckhead Station and arranged debt financing for the purchaser, which was a major German investment group.
- Industrial – As developers, arranged the debt and equity financing for The Crossings at Riverside, a 535,000 square foot speculative industrial development with conventional construction debt and European equity.
- Apartment Portfolio – Arranged equity to fund a 4,249 unit apartment package located in Texas, South Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia consisting of 13 properties total, more than $400 million.
- Residential Resort – Bakers Bay – As principals, arranged the acquisition and entitlement of a 650 acre island in Guana Cay Abaco Bahamas. BMP arranged the equity venture between one of North America’s largest hedge funds and Discovery land company. The development venture has sold approximately $1 billion in homes/lots/marina slips since its inception in 2005.
- Land – Ironstob as principals, arranged venture between BMP, BM Jones company and Forestar Real Estate Company group to acquire and sell over 14,000 acres located in the Atlanta MSA.
- 1978 – 1980, Consulta of America, (now Jamestown) – (German Investment Fund)
- 1980 – 1984, Owner of European American Equities – (German/American Investment Firm)
- 1984 – Present, Principal/Owner in charge of BMP’s Investment & Finance functions
Professional and Community Activities and Awards:
- Youngest participant in the nation to receive the CCIM designation
- Recognition by the Atlanta Commercial Board as the top volume producer multiple times
- Mr. Bullock is one of the longest running participants in the Atlanta Commercial Board Million Dollar Club and has qualified for 40 consecutive years
- Recipient of the Silver Phoenix Award by the Atlanta Commercial board (awarded to less than 1% of its members since 1995)
- NAIOP – Board of Directors for Georgia Chapter
- Georgia Chapter CCIM – Board of Directors past President
- Community Trust Bank – Board of Directors 18 years (sold to SunTrust)
- Greater Atlanta Commercial Real Estate Board – Board of Directors
- UGA, Georgia Terry School of Business – Board of Directors | Past Co-Chair of Emeritus Board
Education and Personal:
- BA, University of Georgia, Real Estate and Finance
- Married 45 years with 3 children
- Sports activist coaching Athletes and mentoring young men in career development for past 25 years